Entry Terms & Conditions
1. The Gulf Capital SME Awards is an awards programme organised by EMAP Publishing Limited, based in Dubai, UAE. Any individual or organisation whether based in the UAE or internationally agrees to the following terms and conditions when submitting an entry into the awards.
2. The Gulf Capital SME Awards will recognise SMEs in the UAE. Entrants must hold a valid trade license and have been trading for 2 years, have a turnover of 250 million dhs or less and less than 250 employees*. Entries will not be accepted from branches of international subsidiaries. *Businesses which have been trading for less than 2 years are able to enter the Start-up Business of the Year. This is the only award which businesses younger than 2 years can enter.
3. The entrant will supply a copy of a valid trade license.
4. The winners will be named using their business names / personal names and business name for the individual categories.
5. As part of the entry process, in submitting a registration on the awards website, details provided will be used for the purposes of marketing and communication with regards to the Gulf Capital SME Awards and other EMAP Publishing Limited products. Information will also be available for sponsors of the awards. If you wish to opt out of this agreement a written request must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. No comment on the results of the judging process will be communicated with entrants. We are unable to acquire or provide any reason or comment as to why entrants have been successful or unsuccessful or why a company has received an award.
7. Judges' views are independent and confidential and the final decisions and judgments on entrants and the winners are made by the awards judging panel. The opinions and decisions of MEED do not represent the judging panel named above or the organisations that they represent. Each individual judge and their respective organisations will not be held liable or accountable for the decisions made by MEED. All entrants must abide and accept these conditions as terms of entry.
8. The organisers reserve the right to exclude any entry for any reason without explanation.
9. The Gulf Capital SME Awards or its associate organisations, judges, endorsing organisations, supporters and media partners are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incorrect or misdirected entries, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines, or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise.
10. If you become a Finalist and do not attend the presentation to judges, please note that you will be disqualified from the awards programme and brand removed from the short-list.